Friday 1 April 2016

NEW INTERVIEW: My interview with THE NIGHTSTALKER (Verviers, Belgium Dark Metal)

Kieran James1: Hi, can you tell me the early history from the formation of the band up to now?
I start alone for the first album and after the project become a B-side of Sercati (my other band). And the main band share their members with the B-side with some guest in additional. But me and Yannick (the drummer) stay the main team of the project.
KJ2: How is the response of people to your mini-albums / album / demos?
Good, very good. We find our public and it's really important, we try to keep the spirit that the people like in our release to progress in the same way.
KJ3: What is the most influential band for you guys in playing music?
Black metal bands like Blutklinge and Satanic Warmaster. But I like pagan metal like Lost Legacy and Heathen Foray.
KJ4: What are your future plans for the band?
We are recording a new album and we hope to release it soon. We work on a comic too but it's very hard. And we have our third audio book to record too.
KJ5: Are the songs you create using English or foreign lyrics?
English lyrics, we prefer to be understand by a lot of people.
KJ6: What are the lyrical themes?
We tell the story of The Nightstalker, a character we created. It's an angel who fights against evil to help Mankind. But he fights against demons and against his own darkside. It's a trip inside the man's heart and feeling.
KJ7: Why do you all like to play old-school instead of deathcore or other modern styles?
For me, the old school keeps the scream from the heart. And I grow up with this kind of music.
KJ8: When did you first become fans of metal bands?
Long time ago, my father was sound engineer so I listen metal since I was child.
KJ10: Do the wives and girlfriends of the personnel support what you are doing?
My girlfriend (Catherine) is very comprehensive and she supports me a lot. She found some place for the pics or submits a point of view out of the band. Yannick's wife (Emy) supports us a lot too. Her voice is used for a character of the story in the cd and in the audio book.
KJ11: What are the best and worst things about the community in your city?
To find some gigs, in our region it is very difficult to find.
KJ12: What are your most memorable shows or experiences on stage?
I think it was when one of my friend suits like our main character and joined us on stage for his theme song. It's one of my best memories. It was a very important part of my life to see him in front of me while I played his song.
KJ13: Have you got any message for the fans?
The Nightstalker is watching over us.
KJ14: OK, thank you very much.
[by Kieran James for Busuk Chronicles.]

OFFICIAL VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7CkpXm4J8Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONCERT REVIEW: SAXON, live @ Barrowland Ballroom, Glasgow, Scotland, 21 November 2022, by KIeran James.

SAXON concert review – Glasgow, Scotland, 21 November 2022, by Kieran James “We stood in the dark and the band played on” It wasn’t a no...